Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Innovation- the new found religion of industry-Economic RFT& RET

I was very fortunate that got start up my career in guidance of a selfmade proactive owner and MD of business.He was very sharp and always felt and expressed the pain in system and lead the organization from front.Frank to speak I was not liking him and always thinking why this oldman tries to see every abnormal things happening in business so minutely and pressing every body for coming out of stretch zone.


Oneday in lighter moment I gathered courage and asked straight and reply I got "Deo This is my job and it is in interest of organizationand I will continue to do it whether some body likes or not,supports me or not because I know oneday every body will appreciate me"Very soon I developed respect for him and started running behind each of his instructions.


He sharpened my eyes and ears to reach at most wanted place first and take Economic corrective steps pleasant or unpleasant.He also diverted my interest towards production that on today I love inaddition to all basic corporate running crafts I learnt from him.Let me not take more time and go back to topic that I want to cover today as I am fresh today I want to share it with every body.


My efforts in production innovations gathered momentum only when I strated to address very basic point.


ECONOMIC PRODUCTION -RIGHT FIRST TIME & RIGHT EVERY TIME.In short Economic RFT & RET.


Any body can start from here with this concept and I guarantee success.


Few actions really helped and I hope it will help others too.


*Clearing theme of article/product in totallity means what,for whom,for what purpose,what performance needed...including saleable price.


*Fixing & holding final team .It really helps to tap knowledge stored in peoples head I mean tacit knowledge.Friends just believe me we cant afford to loose TK.....Tacit Knowledge.Fixing is easy  after identifying the key members but difficult is holding.Holding is only possible when you have a caring attitude in organization.


*Fixing basic input rawmaterial.It means trying to work with fewer quality supplier to keep constant watch on rawmaterial quality for consistency.


*Developing,documenting and maintaining technology card.


*Fixing routes & methods.


*Fixing machines used.Machine park with similar model and make assist a lot.


*Rationalizing machines and its operators for every article.variations added by men and machines are often large.


*Standardising sampling method and using technology in measurement .


*Keeping records with constant update.


*Finding end users utility list.


*sharing results with each and every one required.


*Pre production,on production,post production discussions.
*Experimenting constantly with new ideas.


So on.......List can go on


I know we all are trying for RFT but real and measurable results can be achieved when we implement it as a total package.Lets implement RFT & RET Economically.It will kick start many production innovations in organization for every ones benefit.As soon as we start measuring every actions and decisions in terms of return and benifits,organization gets enerzised and team gets real appreciation and rewards from share holders,top management and stake holders.
I am practising economic RFT & RET for many years with good success and guiding,assisting others too in area of Textile spinning,knitting,dyeing,finishing and garmenting.My contacts are deoptripathi@gmail.com and skype id -deoptripathi.My techniques dont require big investments or expenditure.
Feel free to discuss with me.Every body is welcome.

1 comment:

EKADANTAYA NAMAHA said...

While I worked at Madura Coats,we had a induction programme which stressed on FIRST IN FIRST OUT -- FIFO.When you start your work daily,finish the first work first,second work second and so on,so forth.

I follow this FIFO even after 40 years in this field.Thanks to share this with you.